Hawaiʻi Keiki Registered Nurse
Did you know that Salt Lake Elementary School has a Hawaiʻi Keiki Registered Nurse (RN), Mrs. Danielle Borresen in the Multipurpose Room? Our Hawaiʻi Keiki RN Ms. Danielle works with the School Health Aide, Ms. Tricia Balanay, to support your child’s health so they can be healthy and ready to learn.
When your child is sick or injured at school, Ms. Danielle can assess your child and decide if your child needs to go home, see a health care provider, or if they can stay at school. The RN can even connect you and your child with a Hawaiʻi Keiki Nurse Practitioner (APRN) for a virtual visit when needed. Ms. Danielle will notify you of any care provided and coordinate with you as necessary to ensure your child gets the best care possible.
With your consent, our RN Ms. Danielle can:
- Monitor and provide care as needed for your child’s allergies, asthma, and other medical conditions.
- When needed, give your child medication, such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, or albuterol,
- Connect to a Nurse Practitioner for a virtual visit
- Connect with a Behavior Health Nurse Practitioner for social-emotional support for your child
- Provide education about health topics to you and your children. There is no cost to you for any services your child may receive.
Before a Hawai‘i Keiki RN can care for your child, we need your permission. Click here to view the consent form
Remember that a Hawai‘i Keiki RN doesn’t replace the care your child gets from the doctor or clinic. We will attempt to contact you before giving your child any medication.
The school nurse at your child’s school is one of many nurses in your school’s complex area. The Hawaiʻi Keiki healthcare team in collaboration with the Hawaiʻi Department of Education is committed to keeping your child healthy and ready to learn. Remember that a Hawai‘i Keiki RN doesn’t replace the care your child gets from your primary care provider (PCP) and we will communicate any health issues or care provided with your PCP. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Danielle Borresen.
Thank you for keeping your child healthy and learning!